Sunday, December 15, 2013

Up to 20% Discount on (Real Estate) Property Tax


Image courtesy of
http://sinclairsbondi.com.au
/blog/sydney-accommodion-
discount-20

If you are a homeowner or a landowner, chances are you are paying this kind of tax on a yearly or quarterly basis. This is one of those things you watch out on your calendar but dreads to do. Of course, I share the same sentiments because it is an expense. But as law abiding citizens, we comply and go to our city or municipality office to pay this tax. If we don't, then as years progress you might get the shock of your life and lose your right to your land and/ home to your own city or municipality for lack of compliance (or payment of dues).

Since purchasing a piece of land for my simple abode, I have been keen on this kind of tax. I make sure I pay on time or before the required date. As I learned, there are ways to get discounts on this. And boy, was I so happy to hear that! And this is how the discount goes:

1.) 10% discount - If you pay before the deadline (March 31)
2.) 15% discount - If you pay around January 
3.) 20% discount - If you pay before December 15 

You see, in the name of getting cheaper tax and saving some money I do that. That money I can set aside for other family necessities or save up for something we really want. And really this time of the year is the best time to pay for those taxes if you want to avail of that discount.

As far as I know here are the Municipalities or Cities that offer discounted rates for early-birds:

1.) Pasay City
2.) Las Pinas City
3.) Paranaque
4.) Manila
5.) Quezon City

If you know more cities and municipalities that give this kind of discount, just leave a comment and let me know so I can add it up on the list. There are a lot of people online who can benefit from this list. I will be glad to update this list for everybody.

So, grab those property papers and avail of the early-bird rates offered by your city or municipality! 




You might also like...


Financial Wellness / Awareness Seminar

How to Compute for Your SSS Monthly Pension (UPDATED)

Seoul Searching (How NOT to Get Lost in South Korea)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type in comment here.